The official grand opening of Silver Dollar City’s record-breaking wooden coaster, Outlaw Run, includes a weekend of events April 11-14, with special performances, a ceremony to honor law enforcement officers who proudly serve and protect our communities and the dedication of a special 30-foot monument.
The Outlaw Run grand opening weekend includes:
April 11-14: The premiere of Great American Country Nights in Echo Hollow Amphitheatre at park closing, with a tribute to law enforcement.
Saturday, April 13: A grand opening celebration ceremony beginning at 9 a.m. with
• Performances by Roy Rogers Jr. The Haygoods, Sons of the Silver Dollar and Missouri State University’s Brass & Sass Band.
• Presentations to law enforcement officials including: U.S. Marshals, DEA, Missouri Highway Patrol & Water Patrol, Sheriffs of Stone & Taney Counties, Police Chiefs of Springfield, Branson, Branson West, Joplin, Indian Point and more.
• Dedication of a new 30-foot monument to law enforcement marking the theme of Outlaw Run: The Good Guys Always Win.
Sunday, April 14: Special Cowboy Church Service at high noon in Echo Hollow, with music by Tim, Scott and Todd Mills (formerly known as the Southern Brothers).
The new $10 million ride sends passengers soaring through the Ozark Mountains on a ground-breaking wooden coaster that includes several firsts:
• World’s first and only double barrel roll on a wooden coaster, with a 720-degree (double) barrel roll.
• Only wooden coaster to twist upside down with a record-breaking three inversions.
• World’s steepest wooden coaster with a first drop of 162 feet (more than 16 stories) at 81 degrees — nearly vertical.
• Second-fastest wooden coaster in the world, reaching a top speed of 68mph.
Silver Dollar City opens the festival season April 17 with World-Fest, bringing in performers from around the world. For more information visit, silverdollarcity.com.